Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Looking to God

The past few services in Carbon Hill, AL have reminded me even more of the need to keep my heart focused on God.  We can not afford to "lose God" in the midst of all of the trappings of the modern day church.  It is so easy to replace the presence of Christ with the decorations of religion and our religious practices.  I refuse to accept any replacements or any replicas of the presence of God.  I hunger for Him and I hunger for His presence in my daily life.  I was reminded this morning that the presence of God is not confined to the House of God; the presence of God is meant to be manifested (revealed) in my daily walk with Christ.  I can not afford to relegate the presence of Christ to one day of the week or one location such as a church building.  The old song declares "I need Thee every hour."  I want that statement to be the utterance from the depths of my heart.  Take a moment today and allow the Lord to awaken and stir that same desire/passion in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment