Friday, July 4, 2008

Thankful for Freedom

As we prepare to celebrate the Fourth of July we need to pause and thank God for all of those who have served our country through the years. These men and women have defended our freedom so that we would have the opportunity to worship God. I am grateful for these brave people who have placed themselves in harm's way so that I could enjoy the opportunity of growing up in America with all of its vast resources and opportunities of success. I am blessed to the be the son of Wallace Willingham who is a WWII veteran. My dad served in the infantry and fought at some of the major battles in the European theatre of action. I am both honored and blessed by his willing sacrifice. Every time I stand to declare the Word of the Lord I am reminded about his willingness to offer his service to this nation. As a note of interest; my dad returned home from the service and received his call into the ministry and has faithfully served God in that capacity for over 55 years. The last two nights of the meeting at Roseboro, NC was awesome. I am blessed when I see people willing to release their faith. We saw the Lord touch the lives of individuals who have been facing challenges, struggles and battles. It is a blessing to realize that the Lord will meet us at the point of our need and that He really does care about our life and the situations that we are facing. I just give God glory for all that He has done, all that He is doing, and all that He is planning to do. Tonight we begin a revival meeting with Pastor Bill & Sue Tatum at the White Oak, NC church. It is July 4th and we are anticipating "spiritual fireworks" as we gather to seek God for His Kingdom to come and for His Kingdom to rule in our lives. Please cover this meeting with your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment