Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday's Service

Pastor Allan Rhodes and the Belmont congregation gave me a warm welcome as we begin the weekend services. The presence of the Lord was great as we gathered to worship the Lord and cry out for His presence. A drama group from the Church of God of Prophecy in Ninety-Six, SC provided a great time of ministry in drama and music. The Lord used them in a special way as they pointed us to the Lamb of God, the One who died for our sins on the cross at Calvary. All of us need to be reminded of the price that was paid for our salvation. I am always blessed and encouraged as I see young people who are willing to share their testimony through their gifts and abilities. God has young people who are refusing to bow their knee to the god of this world. Take a moment and thank God for young people that you know who are doing their best to offer their life to Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice. Once again the altar was full of people surrendering their lives to the power of Jesus Christ. Both young and old began to cry out for the strength of God; God responded in love and mercy and many received the presence of the Spirit into their heart and soul. I am in church many nights during the year but I am still amazed by the loving presence of God's Grace as He reaches out to a lost and hurting world. REJOICE today, God is truly interested in your life. Today is Valentine's Day. I want to tell my wife that I love her and that she is still my special Valentine. Ann, you are still the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment