Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Preparing My Heart

It is a beautiful day in Greenville, SC. I can see the bright sun shining and I can hear the birds chirping outside my window. As Mr. Roberts of Sesame Street would say, "it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood." I truly desire for my life to fully reflect the glory and beauty of God. God has provided so many blessings in my life and in the lives of my family. I am truly thankful for all that God has provided. Take a moment today and thank God for His awesome kindness that has been extended to you and to your family. The Lord was dealing with my heart this morning during prayer time. During prayer time I began praying concerning the revival service tonight. I truly sense that God is placing a challenging Word in my soul. But as I began to pray and concentrate on what God was speaking; He reminded me of this principle. He was more concerned about what He wanted and needed to do in me than what He wanted to do through me. This became a very sobering thought to me; it is easier to become more excited about what God will do through us than what He will do in us. Others see and take notice of what God does through us but in reality the greatest need that we all have is the inner working of the Spirit in our hearts and in our lives. Also remember that what takes place in you will be released out of you so that you can be used of God to bless and encourage others. Do not be discouraged when you sense God at work in your heart; it is the most fulfilling part of the spiritual process of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment