Monday, February 9, 2009

Travel Day

I have spent the day on the road to Greenville, SC where I will begin a series of meetings on Tuesday night (see schedule). I am writing from the comfort of my brother's home; he has welcomed me to stay with him for the next few days. I am blessed by all of those who have provided lodging for us on this Missionary/Evangelism journey. God is so good! We are also very thankful for all of the prayer covering that we receive as we continue to pursue the call of God that is on our lives. These are the days that we must become even more intense in our prayers of intercession. God rewards those that diligently seek Him; do not lose sight of that promise. The Lord taught me something as I was driving today. I am one who surfs the radio dial trying to find something that interests me. I started early this morning listening to the news but it did not take long before it became repetitive and somewhat discouraging. It seems that everything now is laced with the spirit of negativity; and if we are not careful that "spirit of the world" will influence our lives in such a way that we begin to lose our faith. By this time I am beginning my search for Gospel radio stations with a little ESPN news mixed in occasionally along the journey. I found all types of music; Contemporary, Southern Gospel, Bluegrass, and even some Black Gospel. But something dawned on me as I drove down the road; all of these types of music were seeking to accomplish the same goal. They were striving to point me to Christ as the answer for the ills of life that we all face on a daily basis. Whether it was the four/four timing of Southern Gospel, the beautiful of words of the Contemporary worship songs, the mandolins and the banjos of the Bluegrass or the soul sounds of the Black Gospel; all of them had a purpose. They shared the story of a man called Jesus Christ who came to die on a cross for me that I could live a life in which He was the center of my desires. I begin to thank and praise God for reaching my heart one more time with His awesome presence. Take a moment, stop what you are doing and allow someone, some sound, or the printed Word to point you back to Christ as your answer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment