Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heart of God

Last night's service reminded me of the great challenge that all of us face; that challenge concerns remaining connected with the heart of God. God's heart is turned toward people and the needs that they face. I understand the holiness, majesty and greatness of God but I also understand that God desires to reconcile people to Himself. He desires to draw us near to Himself through His Grace and Mercy. He desires to build a relationship which in turn will develop a deep fellowship with Him which will lead to a divine connection by which we desire to please Him on our journey on this earth. Pleasing God begins with building a relationship and understanding that God desires to build that relationship with us. You and I do not bear full responsibility of the development of that relationship; God through Jesus Christ has come near to us and we can respond to the love and forgiveness that He is offering to us. Oh, we can rejoice today over the fact that God desires to draw near to me and that He desires to work in my life. Take a moment and thank God that He desires to fellowship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment