Thursday, February 5, 2009

Psalm 46, Part 2

I would like to continue my thoughts that are taken from the first three verses of Psalm 46. I will remind you that God has already declared that He will be with us even during times of trouble. We must learn to recognize and respect His presence and have the humility and discernment to accept His help. I can remember our children going through the stage of life in which they felt they did not need any help with a particular challenge in their lives. They would say; I can pour my own milk, I can tie my own shoes, I can button my own shirt; I am sure you get the picture now. But I can also remember when at the point of trouble they realized that their parents were available to assist them. We must discern the fact that God is own our side and that He desires for us to succeed in the process of life. But God also knows that life will bring us moments of crisis and trouble in which we need to trust in someone that is greater than our own ability. Difficult moments come to good people; we face the death of a loved one, broken relationships with friends and family members, financial challenges, and even personal health issues that create great stress and anxiety in our lives to mention just a few examples. It is during those moments in which the Word of God offers strength and assistance. Allow the first few words of Psalm 46 to serve as a reminder to us of His presence in times of trouble; "God is our refuge and strength. Always ready to help in times of trouble..."

No comments:

Post a Comment