Thursday, February 19, 2009

Praying for our Families

A few days ago I was given a Prayer Journal by Pastor Mike Smith. The past few days this journal has challenged me to pray for my family. I am aware that many of you would say, "I am praying for my family on a daily basis." But I began to sense a true urgency for those that are in my immediate family. During my prayer time I have a system in my mind which walks me through those immediate family members as well as those of our extended family (parents, siblings, and the children of our siblings). As I was reading some devotional passages this morning I was led to Matthew 18:19 which teaches about the power of agreement. I felt that I needed to enter into a prayer of agreement with Ann for the needs of our family. The Lord also reminded me that He desires to reveal Himself to this generation and that we are the herald to declare that message to the succeeding generations. Many of you have children and grandchildren that are in desperate need of a divine encounter with the Lord God Almighty. This is not the time to give up and surrender but this is the time to intercede for those who are in need and this is the day to believe that our wayward children and grandchildren are going to return to their spiritual heritage and once more realize that God is real and that He is ready to make a difference in their lives. Some of you may be discouraged today but lift your heart toward God and join in agreement with your spouse, your friends, and your Pastor believing that God's Spirit is at work in this world drawing people back into fellowship with Him. The service last night was full of the presence of God. Once again the altar was full of people seeking healing, encouragement, strength, direction and guidance for their lives. Men and women were pouring their hearts out to God unashamed that they recognized and responded to their hunger for God. O God, just continue to send Your Spirit among us to challenge and convict.

No comments:

Post a Comment