Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates

It has been a few days since I updated the blog. We are still dealing with some effects of the ice and snow storm that affected our area a few days ago. As a matter of fact there are still many families in our city and around the state that are without electricity. We are receiving some light snow as I am writing this update. At this moment the revival in Sturgis will have to be postponed due to the power outage; I am sincerely disappointed as I was looking forward to the fellowship with the people as well as experiencing an outpouring of the Spirit. But it appears that God has other plans in mind for them as well as for me. It is during these times that we learn to trust in the will and direction of God even when it goes contrary to what we have planned or what we desire. I desire to keep my faith and hope secure in my relationship with Jesus Christ and all that He has planned for my life. I spoke to a Focus Group Sunday morning and in that discussion several challenging thoughts were raised by the participants. We discussed the situation of living to please others more than we live to please God. There are times that we are more concerned about the opinion of others than we are the opinion of God. We realized that we must focus on pleasing God; that doesn't mean that we completely ignore the feelings and thoughts of others but it does remind us that we are called to please God in all that we do and say. We also discussed the need to have a strong determination to pursue the gifts and calling that God has placed on our lives. God has a plan for all of us and we need to be willing to search for that plan and allow God to work in our lives so that we can fulfill that plan. That statement certainly defines our journey; we just desire to be faithful to His call that has been placed in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment