Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Psalm 46:1-3

In the past few months God keeps bringing me back to a principle which needs to be declared in our lives. It is the principle of the presence of God. I know that I have written about this in previous postings but I am convinced that this is the Word from God. We need to be reminded of the promises of God and of His plan to be with us regardless of the storms of life that we may be facing. This passage in Psalms was in my daily devotional guide and I felt that I needed to share the Word of God with you. Psalm 46:1-3, "God is our refuge and strength. Always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge." (NLT). In many ways this passage is addressing the times in which we are living. Our nation is in trouble; not only financially but more importantly morally. Is it not true that we have drifted away from God; even in the church we notice a tendency among some to grow cold or indifferent in their relationship with God. Things that once were secure and strong (investments, retirement, employment, etc) are now very weak and unstable. Companies that once boasted of strong portfolios and long term strategies are now struggling to meet the challenges of the present moments. Where are we to look during this time of "earthquakes"? We are to look to God who is in charge of our future as well as in charge of our present. I am relying on the fact that if I can trust God for my eternal future I can trust God for the present set of circumstances that I am facing. We do not need to ask God to be with us, He has already declared that He is with us. I need to accept His promise and walk in His strength. Be encouraged today; even if you are facing some of these "earthquakes" remember that God cares and that God is watching over you as you navigate through these troubled times in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment