Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Distractions

As I continue to draw near to God I am blessed to know that God is interested in the successful completion of my journey. God has planned for my victory and not my defeat. The cross has made provision for us to walk in His strength and not in the strength of the flesh. The strength of the flesh will lead to confusion and disillusionment but the direction of the Spirit will lead to a deeper dependence on God. I truly believe that God will reveal the strategies of the enemy as I continue to draw near to His presence. I would like to look at one of the strategies of the enemy that God brought to my heart during prayer time. The enemy seeks to distract us from our purpose and from our call. The enemy will place all types of obstacles in our path; he does not want us to be alert to the traps that have been set for our demise. The enemy seeks for me to lose my focus; he wants me looking everywhere but to the Lord. Hebrews 12 talks about "keeping our eyes on Jesus" (NLT) on our journey through life. I have come to realize that the enemy will do all in his power to move the "eyes of my heart" away from Christ. The enemy wants me to focus on what is going on around me and in some cases what is going on in me. But I am given the opportunity to make a decision and defeat the strategy of the enemy by constantly refocusing my attention on Christ. We are living in the prophetic times in which we need to constantly refocus the desires of our heart toward Christ. This is no time to be looking around; this is the time to be looking up to Heaven and realize that Christ is our answer. Some of us may be able to compare our situation to the race horses of Kentucky; we may need a set of blinders placed around our eyes. The blinders keep the horse from being distracted by the crowd or by the other horses involved in the race. The blinders cause the horse to stay focused on the finish line and the race at hand. What are you focused on today? Where are you looking? Are you being distracted from your relationship with Christ? Take a moment today, lift your heart to God and ask for a renewed desire to see Him as the focal point of your life. The revival meeting in Acworth, GA has been awesome. A powerful anointing has been released in each of the services. The altar services have certainly "altered" the lives of all of us who have been involved in seeking after God. The Spirit of God is certainly interested in "altering" our lives so that we can fully please God in all that we do. I desire to be open to this process and procedure; I do not want to resist what God is releasing among the people of God. I am hungry to become all that God has planned for me to become; He has a plan and purpose and I desire to submit to His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment