Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Services

The blessings of the Lord were very evident in the services this past weekend. It is always a great honor and privilege to worship the Lord will fellow believers and to have the honor to share the Word of God. I never want to lose the "AWE" of being in the presence of God and the strength of sharing fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ! Saturday found Ann and I participating in a meeting of Pastors and Laity Leadership from around the state of Kentucky. We were able to fellowship with people that we have served with for over 30 years; we have been encouraged and strengthened by these men and women of God on many occasions and in many situations. I was given the great honor to minister to these leaders in the afternoon session of the Conference. State Bishop, Scott Gillum had assigned me the subject of "Encouragement." I was blessed as God began to deposit the Word in my heart during preparation time; I was equally blessed as God began to pour out His anointing during the delivery time of the Word. All of us need ENCOURAGEMENT from time to time on this journey through life; but we need to focus on giving encouragement as well as receiving encouragement. God will place people in our lives who are in need of a kind word fitly spoken. Will we allow the Spirit to awaken our sensitivity to these people or will we choose to remain in our own little world of self-preservation? I came out of that meeting with a renewed desire to be sensitive to the needs of those around me. I challenge you to develop that same desire with God. Let us look for those opportunities to share a Word of Encouragement with those we contact. Sunday found us ministering at the Willisburg, KY local church. We had the privilege and honor to serve that local church as Pastor for over eight years. Some of the best ministry years of our life were spent in the Willisburg community. Sunday allowed us the privilege to renew old friendships as well as begin the process of developing new relationships. It is always a blessing to interact with people who have maintained their faithful pursuit of God in the midst of various challenges that they face. As Pastor we were able to be with many of these people during difficult times yet they maintained their desire to be faithful to God and to His Word. I must maintain that desire in my heart; I must continue to strive to reach that place that NOTHING will move me away from my hope in Christ. We were given the privilege to pray with people whom we love with a deep love of appreciation and respect. I was reminded of that privilege as we drove home last night. It is a blessing to know that someone loves you and that they truly care about you and your family. I encourage you not to allow the enemy to move us away from that appreciation and recognition. We need each other in the family of God; our love must grow stronger and not weaker. This past weekend renewed my desire to be a blessing to the family of God. I want to come along side of people and help to encourage them on their walk through life. All of us know people that are facing their own set of challenges and they need someone to speak words of kindness and love to them. Will you allow God to use you to be that person TODAY? I truly thank God for all of those people whom He put in life at the time that I needed their encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment