Thursday, October 22, 2009

Turning our Attention to Christ

The revival at the Woodland Hills church in Bessemer, AL brought a powerful reminder to my heart. I need to make sure that the Word of God and the presence of God has my undivided attention. It becomes so easy to become distracted from the true purpose of my walk with Christ. I am to focus on Christ, the Chief Shepherd of my soul. Am I developing my desire to focus on Christ even in the midst of the daily challenges of life? It is so easy to become "consumed" in living my life that I can forget the presence of Christ. We can develop the mode of survival rather than realizing that Christ is present to lead and direct our steps if we will commit to following Him. One of the elements of the vision of Pastor James Wallace of the Woodland Hills church is to "Exalt Christ." At first glance that may seem simple yet our hope and source of strength is found in that statement. As we exalt Christ we are able to understand that God is greater than all of the events of life that we face. Christ is greater than any sin that may be practiced in our society; Christ is greater than any disease that we may find in our bodies or mind; Christ is greater than any trial that may cross our path; and Christ is greater than any power that seeks to undermine our faith in the promises of God. Do you see the point of the statement, "EXALT CHRIST" (emphasis mine)? Christ is worthy of exaltation. He is the source of our life and His presence in our lives will lead us to victory over the snares of the enemy. Would you take a moment today and lift your voice to the Lord God Almighty and declare His greatness? "God is great and greatly to be praised." Let us exalt Christ in all that we do and say!

No comments:

Post a Comment