Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Don't Give Up, Part 2

I did not have any intentions to continue the thought that I shared yesterday until my prayer and study time for this evening's service in Cleveland, TN. Many of us are facing our own unusual set of circumstances. In many instances these circumstances are very daunting and the enemy will use them to discourage and frustrate us. In those moments we must rely on the strength of God to provide the persistence and desire that we need to continue our journey and to continue our pursuit of a deeper relationship with God. I woke up this morning with Hebrews 12:1-3 in my spirit. The last part of verse 2 keeps being raised up in my spirit as I have sought to listen to the Voice of God. Let me remind you of what the Bible says, "...let us run with patience the race that is set before us" (KJV). The word "patience" provides an interesting challenge to all of us. The original language provides this insight to the meaning of the word. The word "patience" is translated from the word which means "cheerful endurance." The Lord reminded me that I can "cheerfully endure" my race as I reflect on the presence of God that is traveling with me. Some of you may feel lonely, isolated, disconnected and even discouraged today; but rest assured that you are not alone. Cheerfulness does not emanate from your circumstances but cheerfulness comes from the Biblical promise that the Lord will not forsake you. You are not alone on the road of life; we can not afford to give up our walk with God regardless of what life is bringing our way. We do have days of challenge and trials but rest assured Christ has already faced those challenges for us and He stands ready to assist if we will remain consistent in our pursuit and recognition of His presence. Each of us need to take the time to recognize His presence today. During prayer time God reminded me that I needed His presence more than I needed "blessings." The blessings come from His presence. Oh that we would desire His presence in our lives, in our homes, in our marriages, in our families, and in our worship services.

No comments:

Post a Comment