Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Speaking from my Heart

I am constantly amazed at the greatness of God's love and His desire to inform me of His will and direction for my life. I must allow the Spirit to develop my spiritual sensitivity to a higher level. I must allow the Spirit to have full sway over my life and I do this by making the decision to listen, follow, and obey the direction of God in my life. Each one of us in the family of God must make the decision to invite God into our lives and I mean each area of our lives. Is it possible that we have kept some of the compartments of our life off limits to God? We do not want Him revealing what is hidden in those compartments. Those compartments may contain sin, hurts, injuries, and all sorts of failures. But we must remember that the Spirit not only reveals those problem areas of our lives He also has the "healing balm" that can bring relief and deliverance to each one of us. Will you allow Him to search every compartment of your life today so that you can fully reach the potential that God has deposited in you? The Lord also dealt with me concerning the process of decisions in our lives. Each of us face our own set of daunting circumstances but we must make the decision to follow Christ regardless of the circumstances. Politicians use the term "waffling" when their opponent does not stay committed to a previous position on a certain issue. We must not be guilty of "waffling" when it comes to our decision to follow Christ. We must choose to follow after Christ and His will for our lives regardless of the cost. I was praying with someone last night who was asking God for freedom in certain areas of their life. I began to join with this person in crying out to God for their "deliverance." I truly believe that we made progress during the time of intercession for that individual but this morning I was awakened to this thought in my spirit. It is only through the process of "decision" that we are able to invite Christ not only into our hearts but into our lives. We can not avoid the decision; I believe that Christ will only deliver us from those things which we have decided to place in His hands. Do not be afraid to make the decision to follow Christ will all of your heart. Do not "waffle" in your decision to place Christ as the leader of your life; as I have said before, "God will guide and lead if we will decide to follow." Will you make the decision today to follow God regardless of the road of life that you may have to travel? God has promised to accompany us down the road of life regardless of how bumpy, treacherous, or challenging the road may become. Decide to follow Him today without any reservation in your heart! You and I will be blessed and encouraged by the strength that God will provide as me make that decision in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment