Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Review

It is such a blessing to be able to serve Christ. I am blessed that God has called me to join Him in the declaration of the Word of God as a Gospel Preacher. It is a privilege to stand and declare the greatness of our God and recognize His awesome presence. It is an honor to share the Word of God and watch the Spirit of God release conviction into the lives of individuals who are sitting in that particular service. I just felt that I needed to give honor to God today for the great opportunity of participating with Him in the spreading of the message of the Gospel throughout this nation. I firmly believe that God is speaking to people in our nation and we need to be willing to respond to the call that is being issued. Are you paying close attention to those nuggets of truth that God is depositing in your life? Are you presenting yourself to God a "living sacrifice" which is your reasonable service? Are you serving God out of duty or you serving God from a heart of desire? These and many more questions need to be answered by all of us; let us pay close attention to the Word that is being declared to us and let us make a commitment to follow Christ in full obedience. Thursday found me in Radcliff participating in a meeting with New River Ministries. The Spirit God called us to prayer during our time of worship. The Worship Leader, Carol Baker, felt led of the Lord to share what the Lord had placed in her heart. Those attending the service chose to respond to the call from God rather than ignoring the call of God. Each of us need to examine our lives and make sure that we are responding appropriately to God and not ignoring the message that God is sending to us. We spent the majority of the evening service interceding for our nation, our city, our families, and for our individual lives. I can declare that I truly feel that God was in charge of the meeting that night. That also reminds me that we must allow God to be in charge of each public meeting in which we participate. The Spirit knows exactly what we need and He will provide for those needs to be met if we will follow the leading of the Spirit. This week finds me at Keith Street Ministries in Cleveland, TN. Pastor John A. and Judy Stone have invited me to participate in the Kingdom Celebration services. From the very outset yesterday you could sense the desire of the people to worship and praise the King of the Kingdom. The King of the Kingdom offers great provision to His family; we are not just subjects in the kingdom, we are sons and daughters who have been invited into the presence of Royalty. I am grateful that God has chosen to adopt me into His family and I seek to honor Him through love and adoration. The altar services were tremendous as the anointing of the Spirit flowed as we prayed for numerous needs that people are encountering in their lives. My life was enriched as I saw several young people respond to the call from the Spirit. I have not given up on the youth and children of this generation; there is a group who are choosing to seek the face of God with passion and desire. I am convinced that "nothing is impossible with God." I believe that God is at work among His people and that we are seeing a renewed desire to release our faith and see God move in our lives. We saw that yesterday and we will see that in the remainder of the services. Many of us are choosing to wade out into the deeper presence of God; we no longer will be satisfied with the status quo. Will you join me on the journey and allow God to reveal Himself in the midst of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment