Friday, October 9, 2009

Thoughts on Worship

Last night during worship service in Radcliff the Lord began to deal with my heart concerning the offering of worship that I was presenting to God. I could sense these questions rising in my heart. Was I serious in what I was singing to God? Was I concentrating on the words that I was expressing or were they just words coming out of my mouth? Did I truly believe what I was singing or was I just doing the "religious thing" in front of my peers? Was the worship coming from my heart or was it just coming from my intellectual ability to speak words and phrases to God? As you can sense, I felt strong Holy Spirit conviction in my spirit as I participated in worship service. Each one of us need to take some time and examine our own motives when it comes to offering praise and worship to God. Can you imagine the presence of God that would be in the church across America if we took our time of worship seriously and that we truly concentrated on what we were saying to the Lord God Almighty? Can you imagine the release of grace and love that would be present when we truly began to magnify Christ and exalt His name above everything that is going on around us as well as in us? I firmly believe that God is calling us to focus our attention on Him and let Him know that our words and actions are based on a heartfelt response to the "love that He has shed abroad in our lives through the Holy Ghost." God is good and He is worthy of our praise and adoration. Let me close with this quote from Adrian Rogers; "We have a God who is simply presented in all of creation; we should recognize Him. We have a God who is sovereignly powerful; we should respect Him. We have a God who is surely purposeful; we should reverence Him. We have a God who is savingly personal; we should receive Him." Turn your focus and attention to God in a purposeful way the next time you are involved in a time of worship whether the time is private or public. You might be pleasantly surprised at the response of God when we approach Him in a serious, respectful, and sincere manner. Blessings on you and your journey with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment