Friday, October 30, 2009

Presence of God, Part 2

During the service in Radcliff, KY last night the Spirit confirmed to me the need of the modern day church to focus our attention on Christ. Do I attend church out of the function of duty or do I attend church out of a burning desire to offer praise, adoration, and worship to the Lord God Almighty? I truly believe that God is calling His people back to a deep recognition of His presence and to the spirit of true reverence and adoration. The "spirit of the culture" seeks to displace God and to replace Him with the attitude of the world. The spirit of the world seeks its own way, its own will, and it seeks to make decisions based on fleshly desires rather than the direction of the Holy Spirit. Will we dare to resist the attitude of the fallen world? Will we dare to seek God in the midst of all that is trying to pull us away from God and His direction? Will we resist the trend to be molded by the humanistic approach to life rather than the need to allow the Spirit to mold us in the image and likeness of the Creator of all things? The future success of the church in this world depends on our desire to make the correct choices concerning our relationship with Christ. I am making the choice to make correct decisions concerning my walk with God; I know that I am not perfect but I do know that I desire to please God and serve Him to the best of my ability. Will you join me in that choice today? It is never to late to resist the attitudes of this world; this is day to choose the path that may be less traveled. Christ will lead our lives as we seek to follow Him with true passion, desire, and surrender. ENJOY THE JOURNEY!

1 comment: