Friday, June 10, 2016

Praise, Part 3

Psalm 33:1, "Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright." (KJV)

Psalm 33:1, "Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful." (NJKV)

Psalm 33:1, "Let the godly sing for joy to the Lordit is fitting for the pure to praise him." (NLT)

I have shared three (3) different translations of Psalm 33:1 today. I felt the Lord placed this passage of scripture in my heart this morning. I truly desire to be known as a "man of praise." I want to be able to offer my sincere praise to God regardless of the circumstances that I may be facing. I have heard the word "when" used in connection with "future praise" during my journey of life. Let me share with you a couple of examples. "When I get out of the hospital Preacher, you can look for me in church. When I get a better job Preacher you can count on me to financially support the church. When I get a "few things" straightened out you will see me in the altar giving my life to Christ."  I could go but I think you can see where I am going with this post. Sadly I can say that many of these who made those statements or ones similar to them have not made it to church yet much less to the altar.

My next question is this one; "What are we waiting on? TODAY is the right day to offer our praise to God. Stop putting off to tomorrow what you need to be doing TODAY!!! Do you remember this line from an old song, "God's been so good to me I cannot, cannot tell it all, He's opened doors for me I cannot, cannot tell it all. He's made a way for me, I cannot, cannot tell it all. He supplies my every need I cannot, I cannot tell it all." (Jonathan McReynolds) Is there anyone who feels that way today? There is no way that any one of us can fully tell it all. But we can attempt to show our sincere appreciation to God through the offering of our praise and thanksgiving.

This Psalm reminds us that praise is "comely, beautiful, and fitting" for those who are followers of God. I encourage each of us to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity and offer our praise God TODAY. Don't keep putting it off; He is listening for your voice TODAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment