Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday's Praises

I was awakened this morning with a song on my mind. We sing this song on various occasions at church and it always ministers to my heart. It seems at least to me that I am either writing about the need to pray or the need to offer praise to God. I understand that there are other very important principles found in the Bible but these two principles are very prominent in both the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Let me hasten to add these words to this post; "I want to be found in such a condition with God that I am faithful in following both of these commands from God.

There are many occasions in which my "prayer time" turns into a "praise time." When I begin to think about the things that God has done in my life it spurs me onward and upward into a deeper pursuit of the presence of God. I don't have to think very long before my mind begins to fill with those "God moments" in which the power of God turned a spiritual minefield into a green pasture of miracles. Oh, I just think that I need to stop writing and shout HALLELUJAH at this moment!!!

I certainly understand that life is full of challenges and that our road of life can be very tumultuous at certain moments. But I also realize that NOTHING is ever out of the sight of God. He is aware of the small things that seek to spoil our lives as well as the large things that look too difficult to overcome. It is during those times that we recognize and remember the greatness of God and understand that He is still in charge of our destiny. 

Oh, family of God we cannot afford to lose our hope and confidence in God. Take a moment and look back over your life and reflect on some moments in which God divinely intervened in your life and brought the provision that you needed.

Have the words of this song from Hillsong United ever become a reality in your life?

When I Think about the Lord, 
How He saved me, how He raised me, 
How He filled me, with the Holy Ghost.
How He healed me, to the uttermost. 
When I Think about the Lord, 
How He picked me up and turned me around, 
How He placed my feet on solid ground

Chorus
It makes me wanna shout, Hallelujah, Thank you JESUS, 
LORD, your worthy, of all the glory, and all the honor,  And all the praise...

No comments:

Post a Comment