Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday's Reflections

I would like to share a few thoughts from last Sunday's message. I truly believe that it is time for the people of God to WAKE UP!!!

I Peter 5:6-8, Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober (be discreet, watch), be vigilant (keep awake, watch); because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

Let me remind you that we are not the first generation and we may not be the last generation that have faced or will face a set of unique challenges. I was taking my concerns as well as the concerns of others to God in prayer a few weeks ago. Let me take a moment and make an honest confession this morning. For a moment or two in my time of prayer I was overwhelmed by the heaviness of the burden that I felt for myself as well as the burden that I felt for others. I could sense the “prowling of the roaring lions” that the Apostle Peter referenced in his writings. We must remember that the devil is our adversary!! He is your enemy and he is opposed to you. Satan opposes man in his best interests. He resists our efforts to do good; He resists our efforts to spend eternity with God; He resists our attempts to develop our relationship with God. We must also remember that he resists all our efforts to obey God and to secure the salvation of our own souls.
But at that particular moment the Spirit raised up a Word from God in my heart. He deposited these words in my Spirit; “I will provide a unique anointing for a group of unique people who are living in a unique time in the history of mine.” It was at that moment that I unloaded my burdens and realized that God has not only cared about people in the days of yesterday but He cares about the people of today and He will care about me in all of the tomorrows that I have left on earth.  Do you remember the words of the worship song, One Thing Remains, “Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me. On and on and on and on it goes. It overwhelms and satisfies my soul And I never ever have to be afraid, One thing remains.”  The enemy may be making a lot of noise in your life today but rest assured that the Love of God remains a constant companion and His Love is very active in your life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment