Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Don't You Think That IT IS TIME TO PRAISE GOD

Isaiah 12:4, And in that day you will say: “Praise the Lord, call upon His name; Declare His deeds among the peoples, Make mention that His name is exalted. “ (NKJV)

A few weeks ago my wife directed a Ladies Ministry effort at the local church where we serve as Pastor. The theme of this ministry outreach was "Tell Your Story." This morning as I read today's passage of scripture I was reminded of that service and the challenge that was placed before those ladies who attended. 

Do we realize that each of us truly do have a story to tell and a story to share with others? In a world that is full of bad news and horrendous activities we need to be willing and ready to share the Good News that has taken place in our lives. Is it possible that we are always waiting for the "big moments" to share our story? And because of this waiting, we never seize those precious moments of opportunity that God places in our lives. 

I remember reading these words when I first began in the ministry. "You will never be able to preach to a large group of people if you are not willing to preach to a group of four or five people." That challenge has always encouraged me to do my best to share the Gospel message regardless of the size of the crowd. You and I never know who may be listening to the words that we are sharing and we may never know the full impact that the Spirit of God will make on their lives. We need to be prepared to share "our story" whenever the opportunity arises.

Notice the first few words of today's verse; "And in that day you will say..." TODAY is that day to Praise His name. TODAY is that day to call upon His name. TODAY is that day to declare His deeds among the people. TODAY is that day to make mention that His name is exalted. Oh, I am looking forward to TODAY so that I can show forth the praises of God who has brought me out of darkness into His marvelous light. 

What will you do with TODAY? Will you take the time to SHARE YOUR STORY WITH SOMEONE TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment