Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Thoughts on Tuesday

It is interesting to realize all of the tactics that satan will use against the children of God. Why does the enemy of our souls continually seek to hinder our journey with Christ? I believe that he uses these tactics to take our eyes off of Jesus Christ. He does not want any one of us to look fully into the presence of God and realize that we are not alone in our journey through life. Do you remember these words from a worship song; "Open the eyes of my heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see You, I want to see You." I desire to see the Lord as my Hope, Joy and Strength!!!

I would like to share some questions that I posed in a recent message at New River. I ask that you take a moment and review them in your heart. And then take a moment and respond to God as you feel led. I asked our local church to respond through the act of writing down some of the blessings that God has provided through the years of their lives. 

How long has it been since you took a fresh, new look at the Savior and realized the risk of releasing your faith has brought great rewards in your life?  How long has it been since you have sat down and attempted to remember just a few of the blessings that God has provided to you in your lifetime?   How long has it been since you have taken time just to thank God and offer Him praise for never leaving you or forsaking you? How long has it been since you have thanked God for not walking away from you at your moments of greatest despair and emptiness? How long has it been since you have offered God praise for forgiving you of your sins and adopting you into His family? YOU AND I CAN NOT AFFORD TO GIVE UP WHEN WE LOOK BACK AND REALIZE THE GOODNESS AND GREATNESS OF GOD IN OUR LIVES!!! 
Blessings on your walk with and in Christ!!


No comments:

Post a Comment