Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Thankfulness on Tuesday

I began to sense the need to write on thankfulness a few days ago. I have been encouraging people to pray for the challenges that our nation is facing. But I also felt that I needed to turn our attention toward the need to offer praise and thanks to God. That was confirmed to me a few minutes ago as I received a early morning call from a dear fiend. Our friendship was established many years ago and so it was easy to quickly move backwards into time and remember some funny moments of interaction between our families. The Spirit reminded me of my appreciation for friendship as my conversation with this individual produced laughter and I even found myself talking with a wide smile on my face. Have those feelings ever arisen in your heart? We need to cherish those moments and value these people both family as well as friends as VIP's (VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE). Our nation is in trouble because we no longer value people and value their role and purpose in our life.

A couple of weeks ago I gave the church an "assignment" during the sharing of the message. I encouraged them to take some time and write down blessings that God has provided for them on that particular day. I have heard from various individuals who took the time to accept the challenge to put their thoughts into words that they could read out loud. I do expect to hear from others as we continue to remind ourselves of the role that the "Good, Good Father" has in our lives. Did I just hear someone shout out these words of thanksgiving? "THANK YOU JESUS FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME!!!

I want to share to some "praises" that one of the ladies of the church emailed a few days ago. This lady has been a believer for a few years and already the Lord has brought her through several major trials of her faith. God is not only good but He is also faithful to His Word. I plan on sharing other testimonies from time to time. I encourage you to take the opportunity to actually put into words your feelings of appreciation to God for all that He has done in your life. Feel free to share them with me if you feel led to do so. 

Sunday: 
He refreshed me at church this morning.
He encouraged me.
He woke me up.
He has blessed me a good loving husband.
He has blessed me a loving daughter.
He has blessed us with a home.
He has blessed me with His Word.
He has blessed me through His Son's precious Blood.
He has blessed me with a wonderful, loving and caring church.
He has blessed me with a God fearing, caring and loving pastor.

Monday:
I'm blessed by His Protection.
I'm blessed by His love for me.
I'm blessed by His forgiveness of my sins.
I'm blessed by His grace.
I'm blessed by His mercy.
I'm blessed by His adoption of me.
I'm blessed because I can call out to Him.
I'm blessed that He listens to me.
I'm blessed because He is my helper.
I'm blessed because He has never left me. He is always with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment