Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thankfulness, Part 2

I Chronicles 16:25, "For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods." (NKJV) (Emphasis added)

Have you ever noticed that the enemy seeks to hinder our memories when it comes to remembering the victories that God has won in our lives? Some of us call these lapses of memory "Senior Moments" when we are trying to remember names. dates, phone numbers, etc. I don't know if there is a name for the attempts of satan to hinder our spiritual memories but I do have a remedy for the attack.

The antidote for this "disease" is a heart that is full of praise and thanksgiving. God warned the people of Israel not to forget God when they entered the Promised Land. Paul reminded Timothy that people have the tendency to become unthankful. Forgetfulness and Unthanfulness  could be "spiritual first cousins." Neither of these attributes need to exist very long in the life of a child of God. We can quickly remember that God has been good to us when we view the larger album of life rather than just a few selected snapshots. Let us keep the words of praise and thankfulness in our hearts and on our lips.

Here is a continuation of the testimonies that a sister in Christ shared with me. I pray that these words will cause each of us to recognize the goodness of God in our daily lives.

Tuesday:
I'm blessed by His healing.
I was blessed and still am that He saved my soul.
I'm blessed that He lives within me each and every day.
I'm blessed that saved me from a near fatal heart attack.
I'm blessed cause He's still healing my heart.
I'm blessed cause He was in the hospital each day and helped me get through the loneliness.
I'm blessed that He healed me from the lung cancer.
I'm blessed that He healed it in 5 treatments instead of 5 weeks of them.
I'm blessed by the time that He gives me.
I'm blessed when He touches me and restores my soul.

Wed.:
He blesses me with a good friend of 18 1/2 years.
He blesses me by waking me this morning.
He has blessed me with a loving and hard working husband.
He has blessed me with a daughter that I waited for, for 13 years.
He has blessed me with knowledge and understanding of His Word.
He has blessed me with hearing, sight, walking, etc.
He has blessed me with His forgiveness.
He has blessed me with God fearing mentors and friends from New River.
He blesses me with His goodness.
He blesses me when He puts a certain verse from the Bible in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment