Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday's Praises

Our small Group Meeting on Wednesday evening have been focusing on the study of I Corinthians 15 the past few weeks. We have been involved in an in-depth discussion of Grace and all of the attributes that are connected with the deeper understanding of Grace. We sing the song Amazing Grace but it is truly "amazing" when we identify the presence of Grace in so many areas of our lives. But that is not what I want to write about today.

I wanted to share with you about our Prayer Time prior to the beginning of the study. I opened the time of study and discussion with a Praise Report of my own. I shared about two unspoken requests that had been shared with me recently. One of them was on Tuesday evening of this week and the other one was shared with me last week. Both of these needs were met with one of these needs being met within in a matter of a few hours. I begin to offer praise to God for these answered prayers as well as other prayers that I had seen answered in the recent months. The New River church family has witnessed several situations in which God has divinely intervened over the past several months. To God be the Glory!!!

I could stop with that portion of information from last night's meeting and it would be wonderful. But there was more good news that needed to be shared. Other individuals raised their hands and begin to share their own story about answered prayers. And for several minutes the "study time" was changed to a "TIME OF PRAISE." The voice of praise and thanksgiving was lifted in our Fellowship Hall as we celebrated victories that had been won in our lives or in the lives of our loved ones or friends. 

Many of you have stories of prayers being answered. Do not keep them bottled up in your memories. Share them with someone today. Let people know that God is alive and that He is still interested in the lives of His children. I AM THANKFUL THAT I CAN REPORT THAT GOD IS STILL ANSWERING PRAYERS!! As a matter of fact, I have already received two praise reports this morning and neither one of them is connected with last night's service. PTL!!!

I feel led to share Psalm 150 with you this morning. I encourage you to pay close attention to the last verse.

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!   (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment