Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday's Reminders

This has been a week in which I have encountered several opportunities to minister to individuals as they were facing various difficulties. These moments included ones in which people were facing either a surgery for themselves or a surgery for a family member. I also was present when a family said their final good-byes to a loved one that made their transition to their Heavenly destination. These moments as well as just the daily walk of life remind us that we need a place of refuge or safety. Each of us need a place to "run" when life seems to be overwhelming us with cares and concerns. It is during those moments that we look to our Savior and realize that He is our REFUGE!!!

I was reading this passage of scripture this morning and I felt it would be an encouragement to you. Each of us are being called to draw closer to God!! We are also being called to place our faith and trust in God!! Each of us are looking for a place of Refuge!!

Psalm 57:1-3,
"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. He will send help from heaven to rescue me, disgracing those who hound me. Interlude My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness." (NLT)

I also read these words of Max Lucado during my time of meditation and prayer.

"Refuge is a favorite word of David’s. You will count as many as forty-plus appearances in some Bible versions. But never did David use the word more poignantly than in Psalm 57.  The introduction to the passage explains its background: “A song of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.” Lost in shadows and thought, he has nowhere to turn. Go home, he endangers his family; to the tabernacle, he imperils the priests. Saul will kill him. Here he sits. All alone. But then he remembers he’s not. And from the recesses of the cave a sweet voice floats: "Be merciful to me, O God! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I make my refuge.” (Psalm 57:1)

Blessings on your journey of faith today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment