Friday, July 22, 2016

Encouragement

We can read the headlines in the paper or even on our electronic devices and realize that there is a "spirit of anxiety" in our land. The political pundits continue to remind us that people no longer have confidence or trust in our elected officials. There is even a great divide among our politicians on which direction our nation needs to proceed. Division and separation continues to raise its ugly head in various situations throughout our culture. There are divisions in families, marriages, and even church organizations, etc. 

BUT there is  one statement of truth that each of us can embrace. That fact is that the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IS OUR PRESENT HELP IN TIME OF TROUBLE!! We do know where to turn and we do know in whom we can place our trust. I was reminded of that principle this morning during prayer. The Lord had placed Psalm 40 in my heart last night as I was praying for and thinking about various individuals and the struggles that they are facing. I am going to encourage you to allow a few verses of that Psalm speak to your heart (seat of your emotions) today. Would you take a moment and remind yourselves of the "hope and confidence" that is revealed in the Spirit's words through the writing of David?

Praise God for His Word!!!

Psalm 40:1-5 (NLT)

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
    and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.
Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord,
    who have no confidence in the proud
    or in those who worship idols.
Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
    Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
    You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
    I would never come to the end of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment