Thursday, August 18, 2016

Action

Ecclesiastes 9:10, Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.” (NKJV)

The word "action" has been stirring in my heart over the past few days. We spend a lot of time thinking, planning and talking about what we are going to do. Before you jump to conclusions please understand that I believe each of the above mentioned activities have a purpose and they certainly have a benefit in assisting us toward the accomplishment of our goals. These "activities" need to take place both in the natural as well as spiritual landscape of our lives. But we must also realize that there will come a time in which we have to stop talking and decide to take the appropriate ACTION or ACTIONS!!!

Don't you believe that the stories in the Bible offer to us great reminders that people had to be willing to take action at various junctures of their lives? I believe that taking appropriate action when God is leading will produce the results that are needed in our lives. I am not wanting to confuse works and faith in this post. I firmly believe that we are saved by and saved through faith and not works. But I also believe that we are called, taught and encouraged to participate with God in the process of our journey with Him. 

Did not Jesus call for action in Matthew 9:9, As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.(NKJV) and in Matthew 9:9, As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.(NKJV)?

I truly believe that God is calling the present day church to take the appropriate action in response to the move of the Spirit that is taking place around the world. I don't think the question is "Should I take action?" I believe the true question is "WHEN WILL I TAKE ACTION?" 

I would encourage each of us to ask God to examine our lives and identify those areas in which we need to respond to God. Do I need to pray more? Do I need to be more consistent in reading my Bible and studying the Word of God? Have I grown lethargic concerning attending church? How long has it been since I told my companion that he or she is loved and appreciated? You and the Spirit know the other questions that will be appropriate to your life. 

TAKE ACTION TODAY AND RESPOND TO GOD APPROPRIATELY!!! Your obedience will bring blessings to your life as well as the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment