Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekend Summary

It is always a blessing to set at my desk on a Monday morning and reflect on the weekend with a smile and realize that God provided me a full list of wonderful memories. I write these words with humility and thanksgiving. I realize that it is God who is the sole Provider of all that we have and He is the one who provides the blessings which we enjoy on a moment by moment basis. 

I also want you to know that I believe that there was more God would have done if each of us would have taken the opportunity to "obediently respond" to God's call!! I believe there have been many blessings left unclaimed in many church services because of distractions, rejection, disobedience and a failure to surrender to the Will and Plan of God. It may be possible that all of us have been guilty of committing that "sin" at some point in time in our lives. But I am determined to improve my response time to God. I want to take opportunity to say YES to His will and way and allow Him to minister to my life regardless of the tactic that the enemy uses to stop me from receiving the promises of God. 

Sunday morning I was given the awesome privilege to share the Word of God with the New River church family. Our Youth Pastor did an awesome opening the message with reminding us about the challenges that the families of our land are facing today. It was a time of somber as well as sober reflection as he shared his heart with us. I was also able to pray with several individuals of various ages who were facing different needs in their lives. I was able to baptize five (5) recent converts who participated in a public testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The time of the  Baptismal celebration also included children, youth and adults. God is good to say the least and I am honored to be able to serve in each of these areas of ministry. I am thankful to be a Gospel Preacher and I am thankful that I still believe in the authority and power of His Word. Isn't it a joy and blessing to be able to pray with others and join in celebrating with them when the victory is won?

Sunday evening found me in New Albany, Indiana at Victory Lighthouse for the first of four nightly services. The presence of God was very evident throughout the service. Pastors Tim & Dina Gribbins and the local church body gave us a warm welcome to the church. I felt right at home and began to share the Word of the Lord when my time of opportunity came. The Spirit took the Word of God and spoke to the lives of people who were sitting in the room last night. Once again, I was given the awesome privilege to pray with several individuals who brought their needs to God in prayer. I believe that needs were met, people were encouraged and God poured out His strength on those who took the time to listen to the Voice of God.

Will we take to listen to the Voice of God today or will we just choose to continue to lead ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment