Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Thoughts on Tuesday

I was reminded of several things as I was praying this morning. One of them concerned my need to be thankful that I had the desire to pray and that I chose to make the choice to spend time in prayer. Let's be honest, we take some many things for granted from time to time. We overlook the present blessings of God while we are looking for the next "great" blessing from God. Don't you think that it is time for each of us to focus on what God is doing for us on a daily basis? This action of gratitude will then play a role in us spiritually positioning ourselves to receive all that God has planned for our lives!!!

There was also something else that God raised up in my heart as I prayed this morning. I read a particular verse that awakened a deeper desire in me for the Word of God to become even more active in my daily life. I truly sensed that the Spirit wanted me to share a portion of that challenge with those who will choose to read the blog today. Let me remind you that I am not just speaking to YOU but the Spirit is also speaking to me regarding my approach to the Word of God.

Why are we so easily distracted from the Word of God which contains all that we need to live a spiritually successfully life in this world? And why are we so easily attracted to those things which could work against our spiritual life? The enemy of our soul is so easily blinding the eyes of both non-believers as well as believers. We are failing to see the benefit of spending time in personal study of the Word of God as well as a time of corporate study of His Word!! We can find time to satisfy the desires of the flesh but we struggle to find time to "feed" the "spirit" man. We know that the Apostle Paul told us that there would be a war between the flesh and the spirit but we must make an honest effort to win that war. Losing that war between the flesh and the Spirit can bring havoc and destruction to our journey with Christ. 

I truly believe that the Spirit is desiring to "awaken" the hearts of believers in the present day church. I see the struggles that people face each week. I face my own set of struggles each week (You may choose not to believe that because I am a Preacher but trust me it is TRUE!!) I see the mounting challenges that families are facing on a daily basis but I also READ AND HEAR the PROMISES OF GOD THAT ARE REVEALED IN HIS WORD!! I must choose to listen to the only correct voice in the midst of this debate between the flesh and the spirit. It is the Voice of God's Word that we need to hear in this day and time. 

James 1:22, "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

No comments:

Post a Comment