Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Prayer Thoughts

Proverbs 29:18, Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.(KJV)

Proverbs 29:18, Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.(NKJV)


Proverbs 29:18, “When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.(NLT)

I have chosen to share with you three (3) different translations of Proverbs 29:18. There is a purpose to my redundancy, I felt led to emphasize the seriousness of the times in which we are living. I also felt led to make the connection with our need to pray. I have felt an urgent call from God to pray for the children and youth who are beginning another year of education regardless of their age and regardless the level of their education. We are in a war for the souls of this generation and I believe it is time that we took a serious look at the enemy which we are engaging in this war. 

A few months ago as I was in prayer in the auditorium of our church when the Spirit specifically identified some of the forces of evil and wickedness that we are facing. One of the many strategies of the enemy is to use stubbornness, rebellion, and disobedience as a tool to create an attitude of rejection in the heart of this generation. Let me be the first to say that this tool is used against all Christians regardless of their natural age or their spiritual age. The enemy seeks to harden our hearts so that the Word of God and the Spirit of God faces strong resistance when they are seeking to influence our lives. Can you see that taking place in the lives of people across our nation? But I also believe that God will use and is using Prayer, both personal as well as corporate to "de-fang" the lion that is roaring in this day and time.

I felt the Spirit place four (4) statements or prayers that we need to pray so that we may rebuke this division or separation that satan desires to create between our children and youth and those spiritual leaders in their lives. These words are simply inspirations or suggestions that you can use when you pray. I trust the Spirit to lead and direct your times of Prayer to specifically attack the strategies that satan is using in your home and family.

1) I rebuke and resist the attempts of satan to separate the children and youth of this generation from the influence and guidance of God and His Word on their lives.

2) I rebuke and resist the attempts of satan to separate the children and youth of this generation from the influence and guidance of their godly parents. 

3) I rebuke and resist the attempts of satan to separate the children and youth of this generation from the influence and guidance of their godly grandparents. 

4) I rebuke and resist the attempts of satan to separate the children and youth of this generation from the influence and guidance of their godly spiritual leaders. 

AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment