Thursday, August 4, 2016

Do You Feel Hungry This Morning?

It seems that each prayer time that I enjoy finds me in the same spiritual position at some point during my conversation with God. I find myself sensing the need to draw closer to God and I also sense the unction of the Spirit telling me that I need to share that need with other people. I truly believe that drawing closer to God is one of the mandates that the Spirit is issuing to the modern day church. Did not Jesus remind us that we need to "hunger and thirst for righteousness (the right way of living)? 

It does seem to me that the enemy has captured our thirst and hunger for so many inconsequential things that are temporary. That does not necessarily mean that each of these things are sinful but what if we pursued God as much as we pursued our times of relaxation/hobbies/adventures/other pursuits? This post may not set well with some people who may feel that I am overstepping my boundaries as a blogger/Preacher. My sincere purpose revolves around our need to seek after God with purpose and passion. I am witness to many situations in which our hunger and thirst for God is more of a function of Christianity rather than a sincere desire to have a healthy relationship with our Savior. Seeking more of God must move from being something that we have to do to becoming a spiritual principle that we desire to fulfill and complete in our lives!!!

Let me give you an example of someone on a pursuit. I was in the checkout line at a local store in our community a few days ago. I was preparing to check out when a lady (not a teenager) pushed her cart up behind me. She was trying to unload her shopping cart while she was playing Pokemon on her phone. She could not carry on a conversation with the sales clerk because she was intent on accomplishing the task that the Pokemon game had presented her. FYI: I do not know enough about the game to talk about the rules or guidelines of this game, But I do know that this particular lady was "captured" in her moment of pursuit and was very disconnected with her surroundings. She was "lost" in her game. I can remember the times that I have been "captured" by my pursuit of more of God in my life. I can remember when I prayed with others who were "captured" by their pursuit of God. What has happened to many believers who have "lost" their hunger for more of God? What has captured YOUR HEART TODAY?

1 Chronicles 16:10-11, “Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord! 11 Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!(NKJV)

WILL WE TAKE TIME TO SEEK GOD TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment