Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Catching Up

Revelation 12:11, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. (NKJV)

I come this morning with praise and thanksgiving in my heart. I have been able to recognize the presence and power of God at work in the lives of His children. I need to remind you that God cares about YOU and all of the challenges of life that you may be encountering at this point in time. We must also remember that His love is unconditional and nothing can keep His love from reaching each of us. The enemy of our soul can not stop the love of God from reaching out to us even in our moments of deepest despair. We must learn to listen for and listen to the Voice of our Heavenly Father during the storms of life.

I have been preaching the past few nights at Victory Lighthouse in New Albany, Indiana. I have encountered a group of people that are hungry for more of God and they are hungry to make a difference in their community. The intensity of prayer, worship and the release of their faith in the services has been very high. I certainly have felt the leading of the Spirit as I have shared the Word of God and ministered to various individuals during the altar time of prayer. 

I am sharing these thoughts today because of some of the testimonies that have been shared during the services. Each of us have "testimonies" that we need to share, and then be willing to share them again. People need to know that God is still at work in this era of human history. There are certain theologians who teach that the work of the Spirit that we read about in the New Testament has ceased to be at work in this era of Christianity. I don't know what church they attend but it is not one of those with which I am familiar. I SEE GOD AT WORK ON A DAILY BASIS!! Is there a witness to the statement that I just made?

I had received three texts during service last night. I did not read these until after the service. Each of the three referenced needs that were present with two of these being very urgent. I prayed for the requests as I was driving home. But I prayed with encouragement because I had just left a service in which someone told of God providing them employment (they had been laid off their job three weeks ago). Someone else testified about healing. Someone else testified about God giving them strength to face a checkup today regarding a serious illness that has active in their life for the past few years but God had rejuvenated her confidence that God was in charge of her life.

You may need to share your story with someone today!! You may need to "testify" to the goodness of God and His miraculous power. There are people waiting to hear your story.

OH BY THE WAY, two (2) of the prayer needs were met LAST NIGHT!! I thought that I needed to TESTIFY TO THAT FACT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment