Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Personal Reflections

God has been teaching me many different things during the past weeks as I have been recovering from the injuries that I received from a fall in October, 2010.  I have been learning about myself as well as learning more about God as well as my faith in God.  It is during those trying, challenging circumstances that we learn about the moral fiber of our character as well as the depth of our faith and trust in God.  There are times that we learn things about ourselves that we did not know even existed or at least we thought that we had taken care of them in an earlier period of our lives.  We are also able to reconnect with God and in some cases even recommit our lives to Christ and service in His Kingdom.  I have always considered myself a student of spiritual learning yet the past months have taught me that my "education" is not completed and in some cases it is only beginning.  I realize even more now that I need to maintain an open heart and an open spirit to God and allow Him to do His continual work in my life.  I have written and preached about the "process of the Holy Spirit" and I have been reminded that those messages were not just for the congregation but they were also intended to encourage my spiritual development.  No one of us lives above the need of spiritual development; we are all in need of the Spirit to accomplish His work in our spiritual journey.  I can truly say that I am entering 2011 with a different attitude about myself and a deeper hunger for the presence of God to be manifested in my daily life.  Over the next few posts I desire to share some of the principles that God placed in my heart during the process of recovery and now the process of therapy.  Some of these principles may only apply to me while others can be applied to the lives of my fellow believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment