Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekend Review

Each of us have made the plunge into 2011 whether we are prepared or not.  We can take confidence in the fact that God is awaiting us as we move into our future.  I am thankful that God has chosen to reveal Himself to humanity and that He is willing to walk along side of us as we move through the journey called life  

This weekend found us celebrating Christmas with my wife's family.  Although her parents died several years ago her family has endeavoured to keep their family tradition alive and their family connected to each other.  I firmly believe that the celebration of Christmas is about the birth of our Savior.  But I also believe that Christmas is a time to reflect on the importance of family.  We must resist the tactics of the world in which we take for granted those that are the closest to us.  Possessions can be replaced but family members can never be fully replaced.  I made a special effort this year to look around the room and take some time just to love and appreciate my family.  I am truly thankful for my family and how God uses each of them to enrich my life.  It is not too late for you to take some time to thank God for your family and for you to appreciate all of the joy that they have brought to your life.  Life is too short not to appreciate those people who love you the most.  I don't think that any of us live in a "perfect" family but many of us are blessed to live in a family that is full of love for each other.  That is the greatest gift that you could receive this year.

Sunday found me in church at New River Worship Center ( new church plant) in Radcliff, Kentucky.  The presence of the Lord was very near and powerful as we gathered to usher in the New Year through praise and adoration to our King.  I challenged the people on Sunday to be ready to follow God into the New Year.  We do not know what the remaining days of 2011 will hold but we do believe that God will be with us regardless of the events or circumstances that will come our way.  2011 will afford each of us many opportunities to walk by faith and to see our faith in God strengthened.  God will walk with us and move us through whatever adversities that will come against us.  We must be prepared to surrender our lives to Christ and let Him know that we are ready to serve Him in whatever manner He desires.  I am committing myself to a closer walk with Christ and fully believe that He will meet the needs that challenge me on a daily basis.

Remember to join with other brothers and sisters in Christ in a time of Prayer & Fasting over the next three weeks.  God will respond to the sacrifice that we make as we seek His face for personal direction as well as corporate direction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment