Friday, January 7, 2011

Thankful for Progress

I had other plans for my post today but the Spirit began to speak a reminder in my heart as I was making a post on Twitter. Had I taken the time to offer God praise for my progress that is taking place through the combination of prayer and therapy? We are not embarrassed to ask God to supply our needs but are we just as eager when it comes to offering God praise? My blessings have come in many forms and fashions. I am thankful for my wife who has assisted in "nursing" me back to recovery over the past two months. I am thankful for the New River Worship Center church body who have offered concern, compassion, prayer support, and encouragement through this process. I am thankful for the doctors and therapists who have guided me through the recovery and restoration of my mobility and strength in my left shoulder, elbow, arm, and hand. I have not reached my goal as of yet, but I have come a long way in the past month. A portion of an old song comes to mind as I type these words; "...Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings and see what God has done..." Each of you may need to take the time to enumerate some the blessings that God is sending your way today and over the past few days. Your heart will feel lighter and your spirit will feel lifted as you make a declaration of praise to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment