Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What Did I Learn, Part 2

Many of you who take the time to read this blog know that I am recovering from injuries that I sustained in a fall in October of 2010. I have made much progress in my recovery but I still have some goals to reach in my complete recovery. I do appreciate your prayers up to this point and I take this opportunity to ask for your continued prayer covering I wanted to share some more of the lessons that I have been taught during this process of healing. In some ways this lesson is connected with the lesson concerning independence. I was reminded of the need to walk in the attitude of humility. My lack of independence brought to me the sense of humility. Independence can lead to an attitude of arrogance, pride, haughtiness, and a spirit of high-mindedness. If I remember correctly the Bible warns us concerning these attitudes gaining the upper hand in our lives. No one of us likes to admit that pride or our ego has gained a foothold in our lives. We desire to emphasize our "humility" rather than facing the challenge of pride that can attach itself to our lives. Undoubtedly the Spirit saw the need to remind me of the need to walk with humility in the sight of God as well as the sight of man. As I have taken a fresh look at humility I have been able to see my heart become more sensitive and broken concerning the work of God as well as the needs of people. In my opinion it is difficult for brokenness and humility to properly function in the soil of pride. I have decided to set aside any action and attitude of pride and seek a deeper revelation of the heart of God. The heart of God will reveal the true spirit of humility which will generate in each of us the heart of service and servanthood. I am re-committing myself to a life of service and servanthood. I sincerely desire to walk in the Spirit of humility and resist the temptation to walk in the strength of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment