Monday, January 31, 2011

Response to God

The past few days have been challenging as I desire to share my heart with the readers of this blog. I feel as though that I have become a full time therapy patient when I include the time I spend with the therapist as well as the exercises that I need to use at home. I also was busy this past week with ministerial duties which occupied much of my time. It is a blessing to be able to assist people when they are facing trying circumstances in their lives. It is so wonderful to see the Holy Spirit meet people at their point of need. We may not know how to respond to certain events that take place in our lives but the Spirit always knows how to minister to people as they walk through those valleys of difficulty. I am glad that I serve a Living and Loving God who cares deeply about humanity. The sermon yesterday revolved around the understanding that the Kingdom of God is at work in the here and now. We do not have to wait for the Kingdom of God to arrive; Jesus declared in Mark that the "kingdom of God is at hand." We wait in earnest expectation for the release of the Kingdom of God in our individual lives. We need to release our faith and respond to the invitation of the Holy Spirit to walk in agreement with the will and plan of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment