Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What did I Learn?, Part 3

Each of the lessons that I am learning through the process of recovery from the injuries that I received have becomes lessons that God is planting deep in my heart during this particular time in my life.  It is as though God wants me to learn these lessons well so that I will not become trapped by any of the tricks of the enemy.  I have been taught certain principles or actions of the enemy that he my take against my life throughout my Christian journey.  We come to understand that the enemy has a strategy or plan for our demise and he will wait for the appropriate time (at least in his eyes) to spring that attack on us.  I have become more aware of the need to be alert and aware at all times of the approach of the enemy.  I truly believe that these are critical times for me personally but I also firmly believe that these are critical times for the family of God.  Each of us are sensing the presence and activity of the enemy as he seeks to dismantle and destroy our faith but I am determined to lean on and trust in the promises of God and allow Him to be exalted and glorified in my life.

During these past few months the Lord has reminded me of my weaknesses.  This has not been in the manner of reminding me of my failures, or even causing me to feel some feeling of unworthiness of His blessings.  The Spirit has revealed my weaknesses so that I might refocus on the strengths of God and His Word.  This revelation has not left me feeling as though the Spirit has beaten me up or beaten me down rather this revelation has brought fresh freedom and inspiration to my life.  I have been reminded that God never expected me to successfully navigate the race of life based on my strength alone.  The Spirit and the Word have always been God's way to reveal His strength and power in my life so that I could overcome rather than being overcome.  Isn't that fact liberating and exhilarating rather than discouraging and leaving you feeling defeated?  The identification of my weaknesses opened the door of my heart so that I could pursue more of His strength in my life.  I was reminded that the call of ministry that I feel at this moment can not be completed in the weaknesses or strengths of my ability but it can only be accomplished through the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.  I feel the liberty and unction of the Spirit as I write these words.  Each of us will live in the valley that I call "Overwhelmed" when we think that our spiritual journey depends on our abilities but when we catch the vision that God has called us to "cast all our care on Him" we can move forward and realize that God is ready to provide what we need to run this race of life successfully.  Take courage child of God and look to your Heavenly Father today and trust in His strength with renewed faith, vigor, and persistence!  You are called to live the Christian life through the strength of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment