Friday, May 22, 2009

Beauty of God

Yesterday was a travel day for me as I returned home from Virginia. The meeting at Harrowgate Worship Center was awesome as God revealed Himself in so many ways. Pastor Johnson and the local church have connected with several believers from Kenya. These brothers and sisters in Christ bring such a spirit of prayer and praise into the local body of believers. During the altar meeting on Wednesday night two of the ladies began to sing a song of praise in their own native language. Although most of us could not understand the words we were able to connect with the Spirit that was ministering through them. I felt led to remind the congregation of the beauty of the moment; we were able to recognize the fact that God truly loves the whole world and He was allowing us to see a small portion of the Kingdom of God. His Kingdom reaches across all nations, all languages, all races, and all people groups. I thank God that I was able to witness this revelation of the Spirit; it served as an encouragement to me as I continue to spread the Good News of the Gospel. Little did I realize that God was not finished reminding me of His beauty. As I drove home through the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia I noticed the great beauty of His creation. Looking at the mountain range and the beautiful green valleys I was reminded of the awesome creativity that God possesses. Not only has God created the earth on which we live He has also created you and me in His image and His likeness. As I drove God reminded me that I am so busy that I fail to recognize the beauty of His creation. I fail to take the opportunity to reflect on all that He has provided for me and I have the tendency to overlook the blessings that He daily places in my life. Oh, I have no problem recognizing the great blessings (pay raise, new job, new car, new home, etc.) but do I have that same sense of recognition of the daily blessings that He places in my life? But God was not finished teaching me the valuable lesson of remembering His beauty in my life. I was able to see two of my grandsons last night. Once again God was teaching me as I watched them play some games last night. In my mind I traveled down the road of my life and I remembered that it was only "yesterday" that I was watching our children play games in our house. But I was so busy at times that I failed to take the time and recognize the beauty of my family. Now that I am older I see things in my grandchildren that I missed seeing in my children. My wife made the extra effort to prepare a special meal for us to enjoy after my long trip home. She works very hard to support this ministry call that we feel (employment as well as intercessory prayer). Yet, she took the time to prepare for my return with a wonderful meal (she even purchased ice cream for dessert). Don't make the mistake of missing the beauty of God that He has revealed to you through your family and friends. As we enter this Memorial Day weekend reacquaint yourself with those "beautiful" blessings that God has placed in your life. Do not miss the blessings that God will reveal if only you will take the time to listen to His voice. I am truly thankful that God spoke these reminders in my heart as I traveled home yesterday. I am truly a blessed man even as I face the daily challenges of life. God has deposited many blessings in me and I want to express sincere praise and thankfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you my friend. They may be only words to some but are truly an encouragement to me.

    Milton Gordon

    ReplyDelete