Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Heart of God

Last night's service at the Breezewood church placed today's thought in my heart. We were able to experience the revelation of God's heart toward His people as we basked in the presence of His love. I know what many of you maybe thinking as you begin reading those words; you are thinking that you know all about the love of God. But is it possible to fully understand the love of God? Is it possible to fathom the depth and width of the love of God as He releases it in our lives? Pastor Donna, the local church Worship Leader, reminded us that it is possible that we may have "outgrown" the revelation of John 3:16, "For God so loved the world..." I do not want that statement to be a reflection of my view of the presence of God's love in my life. I want to cherish it more and more as I continue my life on this earth. I fully realize that there will be days in which I will need to walk in the depth and richness of God's love. There will be days in which I will need to be reminded that God "truly" loves me and that He has great concern for the welfare of my life. Today I encourage you to take a moment and rejoice in the presence and power of His love as you take today's journey down the road of life. Oswald Chambers provides this interesting thought today: "The Christian worker must never forget that salvation is God's thought, not man's..." He goes on to remind us that we can never fully comprehend all that His love entails for His creation. I have made this statement on several occasions; "God can not be defined in the term of one spiritual experience but God desires for us to experience Him everyday of our lives." As I am writing, I sense that some of you are like myself you need to experience the presence of His love today. You can remember that He loved you yesterday but you need to remember that His love is extended to you today. Don't lose sight of the declaration of truth, "God is love." His character reflects His love towards His creation and God desires to draw near to your heart as you live out this day in His presence and in His strength. The presence of God was awesome in the service last night. From the very opening of the Worship time we began to flow in the strength of the Holy Spirit. After a time of Worship and exhortation many responded to the leading of the Spirit. People brought physical needs, spiritual needs, emotional needs and even financial needs and laid them in the arms of the Lord. They leaned near to Him so that they could hear His heart for them. Many in the service was able to realize that God did care and that God was aware of their need and He responded in love. Pastor Bill, Sr. Pastor, reminded us at the close of the service that we don't base the meeting of our need on the emotion that we feel but we base our faith on the promise of His Word! Trust in His Word today and remember that God REIGNS in your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment