Thursday, May 28, 2009

Discernment, Part 2

The intensity of the challenge of the Spirit increased each night of the Bucyrus revival. Truly the presence of the Lord could be felt in the "atmosphere" of the church service. Each service found us responding to the call of the Spirit to be alert not only to the evil that is taking place in our world but we also need to be alert to the ministering power of the Spirit. God, in His rich and great love is reaching out to our world. Am I willing to respond to His love or will I choose to walk in my own way and unresponsive will? I have said it often but I will say it one more time; "This is the time to make ourselves available to the leading of the Spirit and respond to the call from the heart of God." According to the Bible it is not the will of God that any man should perish. I must bear full responsibility of my decision if I fail to develop a relationship with God. Psalm 119:34, "Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart" (NLT). We are in desperate need to understand the instructions that we are receiving from God. Only God can direct us into the full understanding of what is true and false, or what is good or bad. There is so much that will appear on the surface to be beneficial to our spiritual life. The enemy is cloaking deceit in the clothes of false religion; this false religion has one purpose and one purpose only. It desires to remove the spiritual filter of Biblical truth from our lives. False religion desires for me to develop my own ideas of right and wrong. This development allows me to become a "god" unto myself; I think that I can answer to my own ideas rather than giving an account of my life to God. Oh, how important it is that we allow the Spirit to bring discernment into our lives so that we will have the knowledge, understanding, and strength to make the proper choices of life. Discernment will lead us through the maze of options that we are facing in this present time. We can not afford to settle for anything less than the plan of God for our lives. Like the sun that burns away the fog of the early morning. discernment cuts through confusion and distractions and bring clear thinking and clear decisions to life and to the issues that we face. We must commit to obeying God when we receive clarity to those "life issues" that will either lead us to spiritual life of spiritual death. Remain on alert to the tactics of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment