Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend Review

I am writing from Bucyrus, Ohio. Pastor Tom and Norma Weill and the local church welcomed me into the fellowship of the local church yesterday as we began a few days of revival services. The presence of the Lord was with us as we gathered to worship God and offer our praises to Him. I have said it before but it is always a joy to gather with the people of God and participate in a time of corporate worship. Corporate worship is an unique time in which God not only speaks to us individually but He also speaks to us as a family of believers that are united in a common interest. I am glad for my time of private devotions but I also enjoy the time of worshipping with my "family" as we come together to seek the direction of God. The writer of Hebrews reminds us "not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as in the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." (NKJV) Let us remember the challenge to encourage one another as we see the return of Christ approaching. Remember that God is still calling His people together into corporate settings in which He can speak to His family. Oh, what a joy to be counted as a member of the family of God. Today is Memorial Day. Let us not forget those brave men and women who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Let us remember those brave men and women who are serving in harms way at this present time. These men and women are willing to serve our country and defend our country so that we can enjoy our freedoms. Freedom comes at a cost; even our spiritual freedom came at a cost. Jesus Christ was willing to lay His life down as a sacrifice for my sins and your sins. He died on the cross so that I could live in the freedom of salvation. Do not let this day pass without thanking God for His plan of salvation. Do not let this day pass without thanking God for those brave men and women who have served this country and who continue to serve this country. I offer a personal debt of gratitude to my father who is a WWII veteran. My dad fought in the infantry with General George Patton's Army. He was involved in some of the major battles in Germany toward the end of the war. I am blessed by my dad's service to our country and I honor him today. He will be involved in a ceremony in Decatur, AL recognizing the sacrifice of those who gave their lives in the line of duty. I am blessed with a rich heritage of patriotism and for that I am thankful. We also have a nephew who is presently serving in the US Army. Derek recently returned from a deployment to Iraq. Derek, we are proud of you and we are blessed that you chose to give a portion of your life in service to our great country. May God bless these men and women today and may God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment