Thursday, May 14, 2009

Disappointment, Part 3

It is such a blessing to understand that God desires to bring you through whatever struggle or challenge that you may be facing. God is able to provide strength even in the most difficult of moments as we trust in Him. I need to realize that God knows that I will walk through the moments of disappointment but I do not have to park my life in those moments. I must learn to focus on where I am headed in Christ as I continue the road of life. Last night Pastor Michael Smith shared a challenging sermon on praise. I was sitting there receiving the Word from the Lord as He began to speak to me concerning the battle with disappointment. Why do I allow myself to wallow in the valley of disappointment? Why do I allow the enemy to hijack my joy, peace, and rest? Why do I allow the enemy to cause me to forget my identity as a "child of God?" Is it because that I have failed to offer the appropriate praise and honor to God? Is it because I have failed to express to God my sincere love, thanks, and appreciation for all that He has done in my life? I quickly began to realize that a true sense of praise to God can begin to lead me out of the valley of disappointment, disillusionment, and discouragement. I am not talking about offering the language of spiritual phrases that I have "learned" in church. I am not talking about some "canned" reaction that I have picked up from other worshipers. I am not talking about some type of fake response that is supposed to impress my fellow believers. NO, I am talking about a heart that is full of sincere praise that is rising up in me as I reflect on the greatness of God. I am talking about a heart that is full of thanksgiving and appreciation for the God who has chosen to draw near even when I don't feel good or act good. I should have a strong desire to offer praise to God who has invested much in me and who has been there to assist me through the journey of life. In the discourse of the sermon Pastor Smith reminded the congregation that true praise is a decision that we make regardless of the circumstances that we face. David said, I will bless the Lord at all times and His praise will continually be in my heart." Offering heartfelt praise to God will lead you out of the valley of disappointment. The enemy seeks to surround us with concerns, issues, situations, and challenges that can confound and confuse us. But God desires for us to respond to the enemy in such a way that it brings confusion to his strategy. I believe that true praise can bring confusion to the enemy and true praise will lead you through whatever moments in live that you are facing. Throughout this day offer God praise and worship for who He is and all of the blessings that He has deposited in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment