Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Services

Pastor Lyndon and Tonya Johnson welcomed me into the fellowship of Harrowgate Worship Center on Sunday. The anointing of the Lord could be felt by one and all as the Worship team led us into the presence of the Loving Father who desires to release good gifts into our lives. The people were very warm and friendly as together we begin to reach up toward God and reach out to those that were around us. The Harrowgate congregation is is multi-cultural as well as multi-national church which desires to minister to those in their community. I was blessed and encouraged as I witnessed people from various ethnic backgrounds coming together for one purpose; that purpose being the exalting of Christ and the offer of eternal life to anyone who will choose to accept Him as their Savior. Oh, that God would release that desire in all of the churches throughout this land. We are a nation of diversity; but this diversity is not meant to divide us but this diversity is meant to serve as a testimony to a lost and hurting world that there is a Savior who loves all of us. My heart is still rejoicing this morning as I think of the endless possibilities that await us as we pursue the work of the Kingdom of God in our lives. Stay focused on His Kingdom and refuse to establish your own kingdom in which you seek to serve as ruler. We must surrender our lives to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I am seeking that more and more every day that God allows me to stay on this earth. I don't normally go into this much detail about a local church but there is one more important fact that I need to share about yesterday. When I arrived at the church I could hear the sound of intercessory prayer being offered to the Lord. The church made a decision to dedicate one of the rooms in the facility for a Prayer Room. The intercessors meet in this room prior to the services to offer prayer for the upcoming meeting. It was such an encouragement to enter the building and hear the prayer of the saints. I mention this because I believe the secret of our spiritual success is tied directly to the interest in prayer that is being exhibited among us. We must not loose the recognition of our need to pray and seek the face of God. We are comfortable seeking Him for "things and needs in our lives"; but how long has it been since you came to seek God for His life to be revealed in your life? I think of that often as I enter my prayer time; what is my purpose of being in His presence? Am I just looking for "something" from Him or do I just want Him to reign and rule if my life? Am I coming to surrender or am I coming just to have my requests granted? Please note, I am not against asking God for our needs to be met; I just believe that we need to also seek for more of God to be manifested in our lives. Be blessed as you continue our journey with Him. This is a new week full of many opportunities to make an impact in the Kingdom of God. Walk in the strength of the Spirit and see God work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment