Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Choices

I feel that I need to share this thought with you today. As I was preparing to pray this morning I became involved in a phone conversation that began to distract me from my intended purpose. As a matter of fact, the conversation continued to distract me as I proceeded to pray and seek the Heart of God. During the prayer time I came to this realization; the enemy will use anything, large or small, to distract me from hearing the Voice of the Lord. It is when we allow the Lord to speak into our lives as well as to our lives that we receive the direction and strength to continue our walk with God. I soon came to the understanding that I had to choose which path I would follow; would I remain distracted which would lead to disconnection with the Father or would I rebuke the enemy and refocus my attention on the pursuit of God? I am glad to report that I chose the second option and resumed my communication with the Father. Many of you face the same decision that I faced today and I encourage you to make the right choice and listen to the Voice of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment