Thursday, January 14, 2010

Praise God!

This morning my heart is full of praise for our wonderful Savior. I am listening to the song "How Great is our God" as I am writing this post. Thank you God for all that you have done in my life, thank you God for all that you are doing at this moment, and thank you God for all the plans that you have for me in the future. The service last night at Ward Avenue served as a reminder that God does have plans for us to successfully navigate the course of life that has been assigned to us. I just sense in my spirit that 2010 needs to be a year that we continually declare the greatness of our God. I know that many of us are facing a gauntlet of challenging circumstances and situations but God is leading me to remind you that God is greater than all of them. We are learning to trust Him more (I make that declaration from experience) and in that process God is revealing Himself to us in new and vibrant ways. Do not lose your hope or your confidence in God. Psalm 71:22-23, "Also with the lute I will praise You--And Your faithfulness, O my God! To You I will sing with the harp, O my Holy One of Israel. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You, And my soul, which You have redeemed." (NKJV) The presence of the Lord was very evident in each of the services in the Ward Avenue church in High Point, NC. Last evening people testified of the ministering power of God in their lives as they responded to the call of the Spirit. We must not resist the call from God but we must respond to His grace and love and allow Him to take us in His arms and minister to the needs that we are facing. As we sense the presence of God we respond to Him with heartfelt acceptance; do not push Him away and do not ignore the working of the Spirit in your heart. God is near and we need to sense His Spirit and allow Him to speak life into our challenging moments. These services have left me with a stronger desire and passion to anticipate my future walk with Christ. Thank God for the opportunity to respond to His presence and to allow His presence to strengthen all of us for the continuance of our journey through life!

No comments:

Post a Comment