Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Source of my Faith

Why do I believe the promises of God? Why do I walk by faith and not allow the circumstances of life to determine my spiritual outlook? Why do I pray and seek for a deeper relationship with God? Why do I preach and encourage others to put their trust in Christ and in His power to be their Savior and Provider? These questions and many more can cross our minds as we look at the challenges of life. I write this not from a negative point of view but from the view of a positive confidence in God. As Paul wrote, "...for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that day." (2 Timothy 1:12, NKJV). Another passage came to my attention during my time of Bible reading this morning. This passage is found in I Peter 1:25, "But the word (spoken word) endures forever. Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you" (NKJV). The Word of God is the reason that I pray, preach, serve, and live my life with passion and surrender. I base my hope on the enduring strength and power of the Word of God. I may fail and falter, others may fail and falter; but the Word of God remains constant throughout all of time. Trust in the Word and allow the power of the Word to encourage you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment