Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful for Friends and Family

The meeting in Hazel Green, AL was very rewarding and it was such a blessing to me. I was able to witness several people come forward for prayer and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to the needs of their lives. We need to be able to create a "spirit of encouragement" for those among us who are bearing heavy burdens as they travel the road of life. We would be surprised if we fully knew the extent of the challenges that some people are facing. But it is refreshing to realize God does know and He does not back away from the opportunity to make a difference in our lives. Be sensitive to the Spirit as He brings opportunities to you to help some one today. We need to remember that it may be us tomorrow who is standing in need of prayer for a difficult challenge that we are facing. The past week afforded me the opportunity to interact with some family members who live in or near the Hazel Green church. My parents, sister, sister-in-law, "adopted brother" and "adopted son" were able to attend some of the services. I was able to re-connect with people who have played a major role in our spiritual development through the years of our ministerial journey. I was able to re-connect with people who have known me all of my life and we were able to seek the face of God together in the altar. I trust that you will forgive me for these moments of reminiscing but we need to remember those special people that God has placed in our lives. We will encounter a large number of people as we travel the road of life but God will place those people of significance that will assist in the shaping and molding of our character. I am truly grateful for all of those individuals who have been used of God to speak strength, encouragement, discipline, and truth into our lives on this journey. You may need to call or write someone today and let them know that they have been a blessing to you and that you are thankful that God placed them in your life. I sincerely appreciate the invitation that Pastor and Sis. St. Clair extended to me and I am glad that God allowed me the opportunity to worship with some special people that God placed in our lives. All of us know people that have made the trip of life a little more enjoyable because of their love and friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment